Monday, June 4, 2012

Whole Hearted Devotion


Whole Hearted Devotion
by Kim H.

Jesus said, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.” Luke 9:23
We have a cute 2 year old dog named LuLu. She has decidedly made me her “master” or “lead dog”. That girl follows me everywhere! She follows me from room to room; she knows if I’m headed outside, she beats me to the door. She will even wake and jump up at my getting out of bed at night and follow lovingly, happily and hopelessly devotedly beside me.  I don’t ever have to call after her or beg her to come along side-she’s just there, every time.
I keep getting this picture of this is how we should be walking with Jesus….purely devoted without a doubt, a complaint or grumble, following Jesus. When he moves, we move…without a question.
The more we practice this, the easier it will become. To follow when he is moving us toward forgiveness (of others or ourselves), when he’s moving us toward a mission trip or an act of obedience, when he’s waiting patiently to spend time with us, and leading us to read God’s word making it a regular part of life… ect.  1 Samuel 15:22 tells us, “To obey is better than sacrifice”.
We begin by stepping out in faith and allowing Jesus to be our “lead” and “master”. If this seems totally foreign concept and you’re not sure where to start or how that looks for you, ask the Lord to show you. Surrender to his will every day, and he will lead.
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.       Luke 9:24
Challenge: Deny yourself and follow Him, you’ll never regret it or be more satisfied.

No comments: