Friday, November 17, 2017

I Want A Divorce


I Want A Divorce

This is where I was 15 years ago this month. 

I had filed for a divorce. I told my husband. All of my friends and family knew I was done. 

I wasn't the type to quit so easily or to even consider divorce, but we had become so distant and I felt so cold and alone.

My thoughts had slipped into a dark pit of remembering each and every disappointment, every hurt, every hopeless thing.
All of which was justifying my decision. 


I was so DONE, but God sure wasn't.  
My husband's initial reaction was hurt, betrayal, and anger. 
Except God quickly and consistently intervened. Our loving heavenly father placed amazing men with wise advice into his life.

Specifically: Jay, Jeff, Mike, Kyle, and Reggie all told him the same thing: STAY ON THE MARRIAGE LINE.  Even though I had stepped off the marriage line, our God and Vince would not. 

 My husband,Vince, took the time to really hear me, and he prayed for me continuously and he refused to argue with me. 
He chose faith as he made his relationship with God his first priority. 

Vince never wavered from the marriage line because he trusted God  that I would return to it. With only a few days left until the divorce was final, God broke though the lies of evil and my heart was clearly and precisely being called back and not to quit that the best is yet to come. 

I returned to the marriage line and praise God there stood my husband.  

God IS in the business of bringing dead things to life and this was miraculous. Our best was yet to come. 

Since then, we now have 3rd child who is an absolute blessing to us. We are also so attracted to each other, we have a million inside jokes, we go on dates often, we travel and we love being together. 

Only this man knows all the history of our family. He was willing to humble himself and to fight for this family. He is here to raise our children together as we navigate the tough times and celebrate the victories as a strong family unit. 

Please know that:
Anger and blame simply cannot co-exist in recovery.


Ironically, this is also our Anniversary month and we get the privilege of celebrating 24 years together and we simply couldn't be happier. 

"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not demand it's own way, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 
Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

"Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift." 
2 Corinthians 9:15


titus2womendevotional.blogspot.com
women encouraging women


No comments: