Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Weight of WAIT

The Weight of WAIT

Carri Pratt



Do you ever feel as though nothing you do is working? Like there are roadblocks at every turn? That you are frustrated? Discouraged? Perhaps even depressed? I feel your pain.

The Lord has slowly been revealing His will for me to “Wait” when I think I should be charging ahead.  It can be pretty discouraging to have a dream in your heart and cement shoes on your feet!

“Wasteland” is the name of this period of time referred to by Bruce Wilkinson in The Dream Giver. He connects it to the period of time the Hebrew exiles from Egypt wandered in the wilderness before going into the Promised Land. It is definitely not always an enjoyable place to be, however, it does strengthen your faith.

I have been feeling such a heavy weight from waiting that I was actually considering giving up. Fortunately I watched Wilkinson’s study, The Dream Giver, and it provided me with an entirely new perspective that I desperately needed. What I learned was where I feel a heavy weight to wait on God, God sees a time of preparation and fellowship. An intimate time that He freely gives to us all. Where I feel a heavy weight of inadequacy God sees a fertile training ground ready to till up, plant and harvest.

I say this to encourage you, my sister in Christ, if you too have a big dream in your heart but feel God telling you to wait, He is not necessarily saying No, He could actually be saying, “YES! But not now, I must prepare you for your big dream, the dream I put in your heart, the dream I created you to live.”

So what should we do while we wait? Firstly, release the "Weight" of waiting. See it as a much needed time of restoration and growth. Spend time in fellowship with the Lord. Read your Bible. Look around you for the messages God has for you. Allow the Holy Spirit to be your guide and “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding! In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6





 
Bruce Wilkinson shows how to identify and overcome the obstacles that keep millions from living the life they were created for. He begins with a compelling modern-day parable about Ordinary, who dares to leave the Land of Familiar to pursue his Big Dream. With the help of the Dream Giver, Ordinary begins the hardest and most rewarding journey of his life. Wilkinson gives readers practical, biblical keys to fulfilling their own dream, revealing that there's no limit to what God can accomplish when we choose to pursue the dreams He gives us for His honor.

No comments: