Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Family Matters


Family Matters- Merry Birthday to You???

By Amy Gentry

 
 

Does your child have a birthday that near the holidays? Do you constantly struggle with making a birthday special that falls too close to Christmas? Here are some ideas on making a special day for your little one:

 

1.      Put the birthday celebration in a different environment (not at home by the Christmas tree), 

2.      Look forward to a favorite cake that is only eaten by the family on that birthday (mine is red velvet - you could do an ice cream or cookie cake too),

3.      Do something fun with your immediate family (Six Flags, Medieval Times, Omni Theater, a family movie…).  A family experience.

 

Why is this so important?  Because everyone is a special child of God.  It was no accident that your child was born at Christmas time.   All of the days of that sweet child’s life, including the date of their birth, was written down before even one day had past.

 

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:13-16

No comments: