Monday, August 6, 2012

Goodbye Lazy Days of Summer!

Goodbye Lazy Days of Summer!
by Jenn V.

Proverbs 31:10, 27 & 28 (NIV) A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.  She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.  Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.
I love summer!  I feel closer to God (and my husband too) in the summer more than any other season!  Why?  Well, I’m not running around like a chicken with my head cut off!  In the summer, I’m not band mom, cross country mom, baseball mom, football mom or PTA mom and the much missed college boys, (formerly known as) “The Built in Babysitters” are back home!  The hubs isn’t travelling as much during the summer either.  It’s family vacation time.  Ministries that I’m involved in seem more relaxed.  Paul and I have more date nights and everything slows down to my preferred pace. Everyone is home and under the same roof!  Therefore, I am also able to take it down a few notches and disembark from the Crazy Train.  The hubs loves that!  J
One morning this summer when I was looking back through my prayer journal during the school year, I found where I had got side-tracked and right there I wrote in the margin a To-Do List!  Sorry God!  [Hanging head]  I find when I put God first without any distractions; I’m able to put the rest of my priorities in order.  I’m a better wife, mother, homemaker, volunteer and friend.
They say August is the new December and if you have kids of any age, you know it’s true!  So when August and September gets nearer and nearer, I start getting tenser and tenser!  ALL ABOARD!!  I know I’m going to have to make a more conscience and purposeful effort to work on that “noble” part and keep my priorities in check and in order.
CHALLENGE:  Get prepared for the Fall Madness now by making a point to plan how you are going to combat busy-ness.  Prepare a daily and/or weekly schedule as well as scheduling date nights in advance and stick to them!  J
Need help to get organized?  We have a whole binder full of free printables to help you get started. 
Need help getting ideas for those datenights?  Go to:  www.thedatingdivas.com for more details.
 Prayerfully consider only 1 extracurricular activity per child outside of school and home.   
Go ahead now and get a launchpad set up!  Don’t know what that is?  Click on link and go to 2 Cute Tuesdays.
Go ahead and get school clothes, tennis shoes, backpacks and lunch boxes now when they first come out in stores.

No comments: