Saturday, October 1, 2011

Help! My Son Constantly Complains

Help! My Son Constantly Complains
Biblical Priority #3 - Marriage
by Carri P.

My son literally complains when he does almost everything. Can anyone else relate? So, what in the world to do? This is what I asked a group of ladies and received a wonderful tool I absolutely must share with you.
First, I told my son how God wants us to be joyful about our lives and happy to do the chores we are assigned. I then made him memorize the verse on complaining, “Do everything without grumbling and arguing so that you may be blameless and pure children of God.” Philippians 2:14 HCSB. Finally I explained to him that each and every time he complained he was going to write the verse in a notebook I provided to him.

It is working! It is amazing how well our children respond to the word of God. We must sow God’s truth into the lives and minds of our children so that we may reap a wonderful harvest of God honoring thoughts and behavior from them.

CHALLENGE: Start a “complaining notebook” for your child and have him/her memorize and meditate on God’s word.

No comments: