Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Summer Wellness Mind Body Soul - Remember

T2W Summer Wellness 
Carri Lynne Pratt

“All the ends of the Earth shall remember and turn to the LORD.” 
Psalm 22:27



Week One: Remember the Basics

Ladies I hope you are having a wonderful summer!  Let's take advantage of these hot lazy days to invest some time on our mind, body and soul.  We have an eight week study prepared for you that will provide great tips and reminders as well as a walk through Paul's letter to the Philippians, a letter of encouragement and true joy.

There are so many things we could (and will) discuss but let's start with the basics.  Claim this time as a special vacation to bring balance to your life, enjoy better health and re-establish an intimate relationship with your Savior. Start small, build each week and finish strong!

This week we concentrate on the Basics:

MindSelf-Talk.  Be kind to yourself and cut out the negative self-talk!  How often do we find ourselves talking badly to ourselves?  What you think about yourself changes the way you feel, act and live. Words and thoughts are critical.  Negative words drain your energy while positive words lift you up and make you feel awesome!  This week "take every thought captive" (2 Cor 10:5) and change those negative thoughts to positive statements! Make a list of positive uplifting words you can use to combat negative self-talk.

BodySleep, Water & Sun.  Sometimes we just need a reminder about what's important and getting enough sleep, water and sun are essential to feeling good and having great health.  8 hours of sleep, 64 oz of water and a study by Polytechnic University found we need at least 10 minutes of sun each day in the summer for vitamin D - make sure to wear sunscreen! (article: How much sun do we need)

Soul: Remember.  There are actually several things we should remember with regard to our soul. Firstly, remember who God is. He is our Creator, Father and Savior.  He is Holy, Eternal and He is Love.  Next we should remember who we are in regards to Him, we are each a Child of God. Lastly, we should remember that all important moment when we chose to make Him the Lord of our life.  Take some time this week to meditate on these three things to remember.

Scripture Reading for the week:  Philippians 1:1-11   Read Here
We will be reading Paul's letter to the Philippians over the next few weeks.   

Meditation Verse from our reading - make it personal:
"And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in (me)
will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:6

 Prayer:         

       Father God,
I praise Your Holy Name and worship You as my Creator God.
I am open and receptive to Your divine direction in my life.
I ask that You give me a spirit of wisdom and reveal Your will to me.
Watch over me and my family as I dedicate this time and study to You.
I desire to know You better and strengthen my relationship with You.
Help me Lord,  In Jesus Name, 
Amen


No comments: