Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Summer Wellness Mind Body & Soul: Reconnect

Summer Wellness Mind, Body & Soul
Week 2: Reconnect
Carri Lynne Pratt
"Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves...
keep your spiritual passion, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, 
patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:10-12

Social connections are as important to our survival (and well being) as the need for food and safety." Matthew Lieberman 

Most human beings crave connection. We want to know our lives have meaning and purpose. And interestingly scientists have now found that we are actually 'hard wired' to connect to God. (article - Hardwired) Our brain activity is different during religious practices, which gives us a powerful emotional experience.

We are not alone in this world, God created us for relationship with Him and with others.  This week we will focus on Reconnecting with the Trinity and with the significant people in our lives. Yes! This will take an investment of time, but it is well worth it.

Mind:  Reconnect. Starting with the Trinity; we may sometimes feel alone but we always have access to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit who love us, comfort us, guide us each day and lead us to our eternal life. Spend intentional time in relationship with God this week. Prayer, Scripture reading, Worship Music or any other favorite form of communication. 

Reconnect with others. Who do you need to spend time with in your life? Your spouse? children? parents? friends? Make an intentional effort each day to connect with someone in a meaningful way. Our time with God provides everything we need to spend quality time with others.



Body: Low Impact Exercise. Yes. I used the E word!  Your body not only craves connection it also craves movement. There are many, many forms of low impact exercise that you can easily include in your daily routine. Experts recommend at least 20-30 minutes a day. Walking, biking, swimming, yoga or even stretching will provide you with an overall wellness. Place a star on your calendar for every day you exercise.

Soul: Love God. Your Father God created you for relationship with Him. He loves you. It is time we loved Him back in verbal and tangible ways. Some say to put heart stickers around your house to remind you to say "I Love You God" out loud, I personally like to draw hearts on my steamy glass shower door and bathroom mirror. Whatever way you prefer, let God know you love Him.

Meditation Verse:  Make it Personal...
"And (I Will) love the Lord (my) God with all (my) heart, 
soul, mind and strength." Mark 12:30

Prayer:

Father God,
I love you with all that I am and thank You dearly for loving me.  Help me to reconnect with You and make my relationship with You, Jesus and the Holy Spirit a top priority in my life. Give me the courage, strength and wisdom to make better and more meaningful connections with those around me. 

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." (Psalm 19:14)

In Jesus name,
Amen
   

No comments: