Friday, September 16, 2016

Strength And Weaknesses


Strength And Weaknesses

Taking the Strength Finders test taught me lots about myself, also it confirmed things I already knew. For instance, I am very high "includer". So this means that I am very intentional that everyone feels welcomed, honored and valued, no one is to be left out.  

Ok, so... not everyone has this strength. Well then, it's hard not to judge someone when they do not exhibit this strength and you or much worse, your children are not a priority and get left out.  

I was also getting really bad at judging people for littering and spitting their gum out on the side walk. Now, this still bugs me really bad, but one day I felt the Lord remind me that it was wrong of me to be so annoyed with all this... it is clearly a strength of mine to NOT litter and to pick up after ourselves. Just because we are very sensitive in this area doesn't mean others will or should be. 

This is not a matter of what they should be doing, but a matter of my heart. The Lord whispers these corrections to me for my own good. I must allow God to deal with others and just be responsible for the condition of my own heart. 

God is so good at helping us live a life free of all the trappings that can easily make one crazy or really miserable. Listen carefully and give consideration to His promptings that keep you walking in pure love, His love.

Jesus replied, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. 
And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself."
Matthew 22:37

women encouraging women









No comments: