Thursday, April 18, 2013

Scattering Seeds . . . The Waiting Room



Scattering Seeds . . . The Waiting Room
By Carri Pratt

It is very heartwarming for me to walk into a place of business that is playing a Christian worship over the intercom system.  It lifts my spirits and connects with my soul.  Most importantly, it is an awesome and public witness for Jesus Christ.

This was the case recently as my four year old son had a cavity filled at the dentist’s office (a wonderful experience by the way).  As I waited for my little guy I enjoyed an unexpected time of worship to my King. This time I made certain to take the time to thank the office staff for their selection in music.

A wonderful way to ‘scatter seeds’ is through the airwaves.  Who can resist “Bless the Lord Oh My Soul” by Matt Redman? Any airwaves will do, including the work place, waiting rooms, cars, homes and offices.  Anywhere there are people that can use godly inspiration.

I am so grateful to any employer or employee that chooses to share the love of Jesus to all who enter their business (their mission field).  Thank You!

“My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul.” Psalm 108:1 NIV

Challenge:  Turn your radio to Christian worship music to be encouraged and to encourage others.  Take a moment to thank the staff of a local business that does the same.


No comments: