Thursday, March 21, 2013

Why?


Why?
by Amy Gentry

 Why should I read the Bible every day?  Why should I pray even if I feel my prayers are bouncing off the ceiling?   Why should I wake up, before the roosters, to have a quiet time?  Why do I need to worship in a church building when I can stay home and watch a church service on TV?  Why should I serve others?  Why should I memorize and meditate on scripture?
I will share with you the secret, four little words that changed my life and my perspective-

 BECAUSE HE IS WORTHY.
 
Psalm 145:3 “Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.”
Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
Psalm 18:3 “I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I have been saved from my enemies.”

The Lord is worthy of my time, He is worthy of my love, and He is worthy to be invested in.  Worthy is the lamb who was slain for my iniquities. Worthy is the Holy One who was, and is, and is to come. 
“Filled with wonder,
Awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your Name
Jesus, Your Name is Power
Breath, and Living Water
Such a marvelous mystery”
-Revelation Song lyrics-


 
CHALLENGE: In the midst of the day to day, when you realize the hustle and bustle of the monotony of today is edging out your investment in your relationship with your Lord, remember, “HE IS WORTHY!”

No comments: