Friday, October 19, 2018

Softly and Tenderly Train Them


Softly and Tenderly Train Them

Life giving words and encouragement are the answer in parenting. 
GENTLY instruct children in the way they should go. CALMLY correct them, in love. What are we teaching if we loose it ourselves...or worse, label them and call names??

Listen up parents and teachers, build up children and listen to them--carefully listen. They will give you signs and red flags when you are losing their heart. My son would say things like, "You love her more" and "Your little princess" and such because his sister was compliant instead of strong-willed like he was.

So, instead of me stopping in my tracks and saying, "Noooooo way, Honey! In no way is she more loved or more valued than you are." I would mistakenly brush off his remarks. 

I wish instead of sending him to his room, I should have taken him on a walk to INTENTIONALLY cancel the lies he was hearing.

Draw near and lean into those those that are pushing back. I believe it is a test to see: How much do you love me? How valuable am I??

Unfortunately, I agreed with what the enemy (and his fear) was telling him by my actions. 

Parents I beg you to slow down, and see REALLY SEE your child. Tell him/her every stinking chance you get how special they are in your eyes and in God's.

"And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony." Colossians 3:14

Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins."  1 Peter 4:8 

http://titus2womendevotional.blogspot.com/
Women Encouraging Women
Transformation Through Truth and Testimony

No comments: