Friday, December 8, 2017

Steer Them To Jesus


Steer Them To Jesus

Our daughter is a first year college student away at school. She called me recently really needing to talk. I could tell by the tone of her voice this was serious. She began to tell me that her grades had fallen and that she was completely over-whelmed, but hesitated to call because she was afraid that we would be upset with her. 

I started with, Thank you SO much for trusting me with this and I assured her that nothing is more important than her well-being. 

We then spoke of the scripture that says, When we hope in The Lord we will soar on wings like eagles.

I wanted her to visualize the difference between doing it all in her own power and exhausting ourselves and doing all things with Hope in The Lord. 

By keeping our hope in Him we will soar with Him and He will carry us through. So, when birds fly up and find wind currents they are able to save their energy and just be carried and soar effortlessly. 

She really needed that good cry, she dropped a course that was over-whelming her, she re-grouped,  and now feels much better and is back in the fight, so to speak. She also recently asked me to mail her bible to her at school.

I have her little Christmas tree up in her room and waiting for her when she gets home for the holidays. And I found her the perfect ornament for her freshman year of college, 
and it's an eagle. 

"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31 

"Brothers (Sisters), if you have any word of exhortation for the people, come and give it." Acts 13:15

"For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him." Colossians 1:16

women encouraging women









No comments: