Friday, May 26, 2017

Oh, My Heart


Oh, My Heart

I have recently been with my daughter registering her in college. What an exhilarating and wonderful experience it has been.

As I reflect on all this and how fast time has flown by..... I think back to her younger, more awkward years.

There were many times when she struggled, or when I was so worried if she had any friends. 
I was also so bothered by her lack of care for her appearance when she was a preteen.

Why couldn't I just understand that she was just a normal young girl finding her way in this world. 

All my daughter needed to hear from me during those times was that she was beautiful and amazing--because she IS.

She is now (despite all our worries) a determined, intelligent, hard-working young lady full of hope and promise for her future. She is better because of her struggles, mistakes, and her awkwardness. 

Mommies, please trust the process and allow the difficulties to help shape your youngsters.  Don't waste time comparing her to others, just rejoice and nurture the beauty inside her.  Trust that she will blossom into the wonderful women God has created for her to be.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28

titus2womendevotional.blogspot.com
women encouraging women






No comments: