by Amy Gentry
This is just a season in our marriage – this is just a season with our children, we have to pull together and put first things first.
· God- Look at this time as a sabbatical, a season to be still and know that He is God. Be still daily by meditating on His Word and know the Lord is in your very specific family circumstance and there is divine purpose in this season.
· Marriage- Focus this season on connecting and courting. Have a standing appointment to talk on the phone about your day and other family matters and also make it a point connect by turning up the heat in the bedroom when you are in the same city.
· Parenting- Battle any fear and uncertainty your children might have by building their self-esteem up this season - call dad before and/or after each event he will be missing. Set up a private YouTube account to post videos of extracurricular activities, and have family nights as often as he is in town.
· Home- It is such a blessing for the family to step-up during this season any use their own ingenuity to make repairs around the house. Throw out the honey-do list for a while.
· Service- It does your spirit good to not focus on your tough season, but to give back to someone else during their tough season. Do family service projects, church service or help out a neighbor.Others- Continue to do life together with your friends, these are the people who are praying for you and carrying the cares of this season with you.