Friday, July 27, 2012

I Am New

I AM NEW!
By Kim H.

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”   
2 Corinthians 5:17

The transforming power of being in Christ is something you see as you walk out your faith. It’s definitely a continual thing.  You don’t just arrive on this journey we call faith.  And there are moments when God helps me see where I have slipped back into my “old ways.”

We live in a twenty five year old house and my children’s bathroom needed updating, this bathroom had layers of wallpaper that had covered up previous old patterns used throughout the years, the wood trim had split and its paint was peeling. We had put off this project because we knew it was going to be messy.
The day came when the painters removed all those old layers of wallpaper, textured the walls, sanded the woodwork and gave it a fresh new look. My son and daughter were able to agree on a color they both liked, and it looked GREAT! I couldn’t stop looking at it. I would go through the bathroom several times a day to see the fresh, new look. As I stood there one day, I felt the Lord say to me, “That’s what I want to with to you.”
I realized as I felt his words that it is not easy to repair the damage of this world, the effects of sin, all we use to try to cover up and all we have peeling in our lives. It hurts actually. Uncovering hurts makes us vulnerable, sanding off our rough edges - it’s painful, admitting we need help…extra hard! But the end result -- Beauty! SO very worth it!
“You were taught, with regard to your old self, which is being corrupted by it’s deceitful desires, to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.”   Ephesians 4:22
Challenge: As you think and pray about what needs repair in your life and heart, let the Lord bring restoration and healing at the same time. Thank you Jesus!!!

No comments: