Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankfulness in the Home

Thankfulness in the Home
Biblical Priority #4 - Home
by Stephanie H.

Should we give thanks in ALL things? Even while doing laundry? Yes, even while doing laundry! God wants us to run our households in a way that is pleasing to Him in everything we do. If we focus on how much we don’t like doing certain chores it is not doing anyone any favors. Instead focus on doing things for the Lord and being thankful in all things. Colossians 3:23 (AMP) “Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for me.” It will dramatically change your perspective and the perspective of those around you.
Try turning on praise music. As you fold laundry, thank God for the clothes he has provided. As you mop the floors, thank God for the house you live in.

Pray these scriptures back to Him using A.C.T.S. (Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication)

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (MSG) “Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.” Lord, you have blessed me beyond measure. I am not naturally cheerful while doing my household tasks. I want to thank you throughout the day because this is where you want me to serve. Help me to be cheerful no matter what, to pray all the time, and to thank you no matter what happens. Amen

1 Corinthians 10:31 (AMP) “So then, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you may do, do all for the honor and glory of God.” Lord, you created us for your glory. I humbly confess to you that I often grumble while I am tending to our home. Thank you for providing clothes for my family, a roof over our heads, food for us to eat… Lord, I pray that our home will glorify you. Help me do everything for your honor and glory. Amen

CHALLENGE: Choose to be thankful while doing household tasks. Focus on pleasing God in everything you do.

No comments: