Friday, October 20, 2017

Rose Colored Glasses


Rose Colored Glasses

In our marriage there has definitely been times when I had the wrong perspective.

There was a period of time when disappointment was a cloak that I wore continually and it tainted everything... even in good times I could still find things to be disappointed about.

One specific day stands out in my memory and it was a reality check, and I believe, God's way to wake me up.

So, we had an upright piano in our dining room that was taking up space and making things too crowded. We decided to give the piano to my son's guitar teachers sister. 

One day I pulled into our street and I saw my husband's truck in front of the house with a U-haul attached to it.

When I saw this I had a sinking feeling, what if he was moving out, what if he was leaving, what if he was leaving me for another women??

I literally felt the reality of how this could (and would) happen if I continued to be so unhappy and miserable. 

Everything changed that day, including my perspective and I now choose to wear rose colored glasses. 

I now see ALL his beauty and enjoy him immensely.

The Lord asked, "Is it right for you to be angry?" 
Jonah 4:4

"Love does not hold a record of wrongs."
1 Corinthians 13:5

"I want to see beauty. In the ugly, in the sink, in the suffering, in the daily, in all the days before I die, the moments before I sleep." 
~Ann Voskamp from her book, One Thousand Gifts

women encouraging women





No comments: