Thursday, June 9, 2016

Becoming Titus 2 Women

 Becoming Titus 2 Women 
Kim Hawkins

In 2010 we sat down for our first meeting to brainstorm our idea to reach out to women all across the globe with the intent to encourage and equip. We had no idea what it would look like, what it would require or how we would approach this, or even what we were to call it. 

We were more than certain that is was a worthwhile calling we just didn't know how much it would change us individually. 

I can imagine God looking at us being so passionate yet so clueless and saying, "Ok, let's do this, but first we are going to look at you." 

And so it began, and great things immediately started in our own hearts. I was challenged to only concern myself with my behavior, to forgive and love difficult people in my life, to stop emotional reactions and to trust the Lord to be my defender, to take captive every thought and to stop comparing myself to other women, and learned being grateful instead of taking things for granted is where my joy comes from...and that's just to name a few. 

To be of help to others there was a necessity to surrender to God and to deny the flesh. It turns out that it was my flesh that was the cause us so much trouble in my world. 

The many ways surrender and renewal was needed in our own hearts and minds is now what we write about to help others. Most times, the great need is simply a heart transformation instead of a change in circumstance. Now that I am free from so very much that was hindering me and was going to eventually rob me blind, my life is so different now, so peaceful and spirit-led. Isn't that what faith is all about anyway. 

One of the biggest and best tools of the enemy is to convince you that nothing is wrong with you. It's not me, it's them. 
Please ask and allow the Lord to show you where you are being deceived and need healing.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

women encouraging women





No comments: