Sunday, April 15, 2012

Treasures in Heaven

Treasures in Heaven
By Stephanie H.

Acts 20:35 (NLT) “And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

As women and moms we frequently make sacrifices.  We are expected to give, give, give and we feel like we don’t really get anything in return.  We must remember we are growing in His righteousness, in Jesus’ image, by making physical sacrifices here on earth, enduring hardships and stress, and working to the glory of God. 

Our focus must be on the bigger picture – receiving the Crown of Righteousness - Treasures in Heaven!  We should want our crown to have as many jewels as possible, because when we see our Heavenly Father we are going to want to lay it all at His feet.  I want to bring my Heavenly Father my best, not just my suffered through and here it is.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 (NLT) “For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!  So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.”

I don’t know about you, but I struggle with the internal, sometimes external questions… What about me?  Why don’t they ever do that for me?  Why don’t they notice how much I do around here?  Why didn’t I get recognized for that?  The things of this earth will soon be gone: the sleepless nights, the endless laundry, mopping.  The things we cannot see will last forever – like the time you patiently and lovingly took to focus on a teachable moment just as Jesus would have.
 
Challenge:  As Christian women, we can aspire to conduct ourselves “in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love;  in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left;” 2 Corinthians 6:6-7 (NIV)

No comments: